New: Tucson Laboratory Assistant
Desert Archaeology, Inc. is currently seeking one temporary laboratory assistant to wash artifacts, keeping them organized by site, feature, and field number. Once artifact washing proficiency is established, laboratory assistants will be trained to label artifacts, document artifacts, and prepare artifacts for housing. Additional responsibilities include stamping field bags, sweeping, dusting, assisting with moving collections, and other duties as assigned.
Scheduling is flexible although morning availability is preferred. Schedule is expected to be approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- Familiarity with local prehistoric and historical artifacts/materials
- Organizational skills, with numerical and categorical proficiency
- Reliable transportation (we have two processing facilities in Tucson)
- High-level attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift boxes that weigh 40 pounds
- Experience washing archaeological collections
- Training in field archaeology and/or artifact processing methods
Please send a cover letter, CV or resume, references, and hours of availability to to email@example.com, attn: Karina Casey.
Current: Tucson Excavation Field Crew
Desert Archaeology is seeking archaeological technicians for an ongoing excavation in Tucson. Applicants should enjoy working outdoors and performing physical labor, including using shovels and picks, and moving and lifting buckets of dirt as required for feature excavation. Previous experience is preferred. Excavations will continue Monday-Friday through February, with possible extension through mid-April. Please express your interest by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing: Survey/Excavation Field Crew (Statewide)
To be considered for upcoming survey and excavation projects in Arizona, send your resume along with a cover letter indicating your experience and general geographic and schedule availability to email@example.com.