New: Temporary Laboratory Assistants
Posted: June 29, 2021
Desert Archaeology is currently seeking temporary Laboratory Assistants in Tucson.
Laboratory Assistants will wash artifacts, keeping them organized by site, feature, and field number. After artifact washing proficiency is established, laboratory assistants will be trained to label artifacts, document artifacts, and prepare artifacts for housing. Additional responsibilities include stamping field bags, sweeping, dusting, assisting with moving collections, and other duties as assigned.
Scheduling is flexible but morning availability is preferred. Schedule is expected to be approximately 20-40 hours per week.
- Familiarity with local prehistoric and historical artifacts/materials
- Organizational skills, with numerical and categorical proficiency
- Reliable transportation (we have two artifact processing facilities in central Tucson)
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift boxes that weigh 40 pounds
- Experience washing archaeological collections
- Training in field archaeology and/or artifact processing methods
Deadline: Open until filled.
Please learn more about us at www.desert.com/services.
Desert Archaeology is an Equal Opportunity Employment company.
To apply, send a cover letter, CV or resume, references, and hours of availability to:
Karina Casey, Office Assistant
Desert Archaeology, Inc.
3975 N. Tucson Boulevard
Tucson, Arizona 85716
Ongoing: Survey/Excavation Field Crew (Statewide)
To be considered for upcoming survey and excavation projects in Arizona, send your resume along with a cover letter indicating your experience and general geographic and schedule availability to email@example.com.